‐ Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche
With uncommon clarity and authority, [Dzogchen Ponlop] offers a new vision for the future of Buddhism that is at once shocking and hopeful. This is a small book with a big message that is timely and important.
‐ Pema Chödrön, bestselling author of WHEN THINGS FALL APART
The five‐city North American tour celebrates November 9th publication of Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche’s provocative new book — REBEL BUDDHA: On the Road to Freedom (Shambhala). The tour, sponsored by Nalandabodhi International, kicks off on Sunday, November 14 at 10 AM in New York at Cooper Union’s Great Hall.
Distinguished teachers from varied Buddhist traditions will join Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche in a lively exchange on Western Buddhism. Panelists include:
- Roshi Pat Enkyo O’Hara, PhD, (Zen teacher, Abbott of the Village Zendo in New York ) ,
- Shastri Ethan Nichtern (author One City: A Declaration of Interdependence (Wisdom Pubs, 2007), founding director of the Interdependence Project),
- Gina Sharpe (co‐founder of New York Insight Meditation Center)
- Mitra Mark Power
- music and video
- contemplative exercises
- Thursday, November 18 in Halifax, NS (McInnes Room at Dalhousie University)
- Saturday, November 20 in Toronto , ON (Bram & Bluma Appel Salon at the Toronto Reference Library)
- Saturday, November 27 in Boulder, CO (Boulder Theater)
- Sunday, December 5 in Seattle, WA (ACT Theater)